- When did I go: 8/25/17-9/2/17
- Pre trip purchase: Swiss Travel Pass (8 consecutive days pass) CHF 376 ($385)
- purchase at least 3 days prior to travel
- Print it out on your printer
- Bring it on your trip (I brought two copies just in case)
- Wish I had known:
- Swiss Travel Passes covers almost all travel modes including buses, boats, and trains within the country AND almost all museums!
- Train stations have plenty of lockers to store your luggages. No need to stress about luggage storage on your day trips.
- Keep in mind: It’s extraordinarily easy to take trains in Switzerland. All the train times are posted both on a yellow board on the platforms and large digital displays at the train stations. Find your platform and hop on your train!
- Would I do anything differently? Keep reading, my friend.
Day 1: Flight from Seattle to Zurich (1 night in Zurich)
Day 2: Morning train to Lucerne (40 mins) (2 days, 1 night in Lucerne)
Day 3: Morning boat to Mt. Pilatus (night in Interlaken)
Day 4: Jungfraujock (night in Interlaken)
Day 5: day trip to Thun and Bern (night in Interlaken)
Day 6: Zermatt (night in Zermatt)
Day 7: back to Lucerne (night in Lucerne)
Day 8: flight out
Here are the details of my trip.